We are working on behalf of a care at home business, with offices in Fife, Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee. They are looking to recruit an HR Advisor, who will provide support in these locations, so travel across the region is essential.
This is a standalone HR role, reporting to the senior management team, and we’re looking for a true HR generalist.
You will be used to working in a fast-paced challenging environment, where you are highly organised and have the ability to influence others.
You should possess the following: –
- CIPD Qualified
- Previous experience in a stand alone HR generalist role or HR Advisor/Consultant role
- Understanding of Care Inspectorate and SSSC would be an advantage
- UK driving licence with access to your own vehicle
- Sound knowledge of current UK employment law
- Sound commercial business awareness
- The ability to work remotely without supervision
- The ability to communicate at all levels and develop a strong rapport with stakeholders
- Good decision making skills and the ability to take ownership of situations
- Highly credible and demonstrate your ability to influence and coach others
- Work well and focus under pressure, in a fast paced environment
- Recruitment experience would be an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Competent on all Microsoft packages and the use of entering data into a CRM system
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to the the following: –
- Provide advice and guidance to managers within the business on a range of HR subjects, including performance, absence, conduct, disciplinary and culture
- Maintain and update contracts of employment, making any contract amendments in line with employment law;
- Regularly review HR policies and procedures, ensuring they are fit for purpose, compliant, updating where required;
- Deliver training workshops to Line Manager’s on a range of subjects including company policy, HR best practice, and managing people;
- You will carry-out full and thorough investigation meetings and report findings, with recommendations;
- Facilitate and manage disciplinary and grievance meetings, either independently or with departmental managers;
- Manage long term absence and occupational health referrals;
- Adapt your communication and influencing skills to suit the circumstances and achieve the desired outcomes;
- Produce Management Information on HR KPIs such as retention, recruitment and absence;
- Support recruitment interviews and induction training when required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driving License (Preferred)