We are currently recruiting on behalf of an established frozen food processing business based in Dundee. This opportunity stems from fantastic growth within the company, who are looking to add a permanent, experienced Multi-Skilled Engineer to their team. Ideally with a strong mechanical bias to be part of the team responsible for PPM and reactive maintenance duties on site.
Our client has three highly efficient processing lines dealing with cleaning, blanching, freezing and packaging fresh produce. The latest technologies capture the freshness, taste, texture, appearance and nutritional value of fresh fruit and processed vegetable products.
This is an exciting organisation, which, in peak harvest season, the facility operates 24 hours a day processing in excess of 25,000 tonnes of peas and beans, equating to one sixth of the UK’s total output. The company prides itself on delivering a superior product to some of the UK’s best-known food brands.
The site operates 08:00 – 16:30 Monday through Friday with an intensive seasonal period (July-September) where it operates a rotating 12 hour shift pattern covering 7 days per week.
The company prides itself on developing a positive workplace culture, and as well as a competitive salary and regular overtime paid at 1.75x basic rate, you will receive other fantastic benefits, training opportunities and progression, regular feedback and appraisal, and be part of a fantastic team.
We’d love to hear from people who are:
· Time service Maintenance Engineer with experience in a similar role
· Extensive fault finding/diagnostic experience
· Demonstrated abilities for problem solving and troubleshooting
· Self-starter, motivated and driven individual
· FMCG/Food Manufacturing background (preferred)
· Experience with automated production equipment and refrigeration controls.
Key Responsibilities in this role include:
· Undertaking installations
· Initiating planned and reactive maintenance on site
· Attend, diagnose and repair breakdowns on machinery
· Identify improvement opportunities for equipment and machinery.
· Maintain a safe system of work and risk assessments throughout the course of day-to-day duties
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance which will be shared with our client.