Our client is a leading player in the chilled packaging industry, has an opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join our team in Glenrothes.
The triple action technology of our client makes it the most advanced chilled packaging solution on the market today. Trusted for over 25 years by companies around the world, not only keeps your products cooler for longer while in transit, the no leak guarantee and high-tech reflective foil ensures products arrive in pristine temperature safe condition.
Their products include insulated boxes, hydrated and unhydrated ice packs in both roll and sheet formats. The chilled packaging solutions are aimed at businesses transporting temperature sensitive items including meat, fish, dairy, fruit and veg as well as many other sectors.
As Production Supervisor, you’ll be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. You’ll make sure goods and services are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality. This is a hands-on production role, and you will have a good problem solving/technical background.
- Mechanical problem solving/technical expertise, using the appropriate terminology
- Hands-on approach and involved in the day-to-day production
- Leading by example, with a flexible approach to the tasks that need completed
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Great attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
- Previous experience of working within chilled packaging would be an advantage
- Can-do attitude
- Previous experience of using vertical form fill machines is an advantage
Key responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on involvement within production
- Drawing up a production schedule
- Ensure that the production is cost effective
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Liaise among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Lead and motivate the team