Our client is a development trust working in and around the rural villages of Woolfords, Auchengray and Tarbrax. They lead and fund projects to promote and develop the local area, working with local volunteers, to meet the needs of our community.
They recently carried out an Organisational Review as a result of which a vacancy has arisen for a part time Project Officer. An interest in the voluntary sector is essential. Experience in project management is desirable and a good standard of literacy and numeracy is required.
The successful candidate will be able to show a commitment to, and good understanding of the aims and values of the Trust and the requirements of a rural community. They will show a willingness to work as part of a team committed to local community development and will demonstrate an enterprising spirit and a positive attitude.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Research, develop and deliver projects in accordance with the themes identified in the Community Action Plan, following specific plans agreed with the Development Manager and Board of Trustees.
· Support the Development Manager in the coordination of Projects
· Work with the Staff Team and Trustees to deliver projects identified in the Community Action Plan
· Work with local community groups and volunteers to develop and implement projects and to enhance community engagement
· Encourage, support and develop new initiatives within the area
· Undertake any agreed training required to improve delivery of the projects identified in the Community Action Plan
· On delegated projects, develop and strengthen relationships with stakeholders including local groups, businesses, landowners, Local Authorities and Government agencies.
· Design, plan and deliver events and activities with the purpose of community engagement and promoting the aims of the organisation.
· Implement and oversee the volunteering programme including recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers along with appropriate training and support of staff as necessary
· Undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the Board of Trustees through the management structure
Skills & Competencies Required
· Excellent communication and team working skills
· Planning, organising and decision making skills.
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
· Knowledge and experience of relevant IT systems and proficiency in project management software.
· Proactive, flexible and with the ability to work on their own initiative
· Time management and record keeping abilities