We’re proud of our Social Impact as we do a lot to support our wider communities. We often get asked what makes us different, and that’s difficult to define. We want to be different by combining competitively priced services, a client-first approach and an ethical, turnover-sharing business model. However, our “Why” is having a positive impact on people’s lives, whether that’s our clients and the wider community through our social impact. We decided earlier this year to donate 1% of our monthly turnover to worthwhile causes, which we came up with as a team and asked our clients to choose through a survey. 2 organisations we have been supporting through this turnover-sharing model is Social Bite and CHAS. We have also decided again this year not to send corporate gifts and Christmas Cards, and instead we will make a donation to the following charities, as these are organisations we provide HR support to :
- One Parent Families Scotland
- Families Outside
- Spinal Injuries Scotland
We will also make a donation to a local foodbank in Fife. In addition to financial support, we also give our time to worthwhile local causes.
Examples of The Impact We Have Had
In the last 12 months we have made an impact on the following:
- Provided Christmas Dinners to the homeless in Edinburgh, via Social Bite.
- Provided toys at Christmas time, ensuring local children receive a gift from Santa.
- Sponsored local boys football teams, ensuring the teams have new kits.
- Sponsored local children’s football fundraising, ensuring local teams have facilities to train and encourage health and wellbeing.
- Donation to local food banks, ensuring the vulnerable don’t go without food.
- Supported FARE Scotland, improving the lives of children and families across the Central Belt through education and support for food.
- Provided 365 school meals for children in India.
- Provided 100 text books for disadvantaged primary school children in Kenya.
In addition to financial support, we also give our time to worthwhile local causes. As a minimum, we ensure at least 4 hours per team member per month is dedicated to supporting local initiatives. Examples include time supporting local schools, helping pupils with interview skills, CV writing and preparing for work, Developing Young Workforce, Young Enterprise Scotland and also time with charities where we help make a difference to the homeless, lone parents and those from disadvantaged backgrounds.